Location: Shanghai, China
In collaboration with senior management, the Vice President, Sales is responsible for developing and driving the overall sales strategy in Asia Pacific.
Summary of essential job functions
- Formulates, implements and manages ongoing overall sales strategies and initiatives for Asia Pacific, to ensure continued growth and profitability.
- Prepares sales forecasts and develops and maintains appropriate performance standards, including but not limited to quota results. Reviews and analyzes sales performance against programs, quotas and plans to measure and act on effectiveness. Must meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts, while ensuring superior customer satisfaction.
- Prepares and submits annual budgets, strategic plans, estimates, forecasts, statistics, analysis and other relevant financial information.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, sales opportunities and areas of proposed market expansion.
- Travels as necessary to meet with major customers, maintaining favorable account relations and following up to ensure that client needs are being developed and met.
- Monitors client contact, ensures all customers receive appropriate levels of service and delivery, builds and maintains relations with customers across all levels of the organization and continually enhances customer service opportunities.
- Provides leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Develops and monitors department work flows, reviews work processes and ensures quality service delivery, including monitoring, auditing and approving department sales commission plan payouts.
- Maintains complete and thorough understanding of all of the product offerings, programs, pricing, system/technical abilities and integrations, as well as maintaining intimate knowledge of competitor programs, offerings and pricing to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Recommends, leads, directs, manages and participates in relevant industry trade show and participates in industry associates and related institutions.
- Degree holder with at least 10 years of experience in sales in a technology company, with at least five years of managerial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, drive and meet aggressive sales targets.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, under pressure, with multiple employees and customers making demands.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities – exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimist; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships, both internally and externally with customers and vendors
- Proven ability to uncover and analyze market needs, potential trends and formulate plans and programs in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Strong ability to understand the decision making process and influence key decision makers.
- Able to deal with change and ambiguity
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%.
- Technology background, a strong track record of building and maintaining channel relationships.