Location: Albany, NY
Responsibilities will include:
Leading our efforts to become a world-class manufacturing organization.
Overall leadership and vision for all mfg. areas, including, but not limited to: demand planning, production, QA/QC, materials management, inventory management, contingency planning, mfg. engineering and mfg. cost accounting.
Developing and maintaining thorough production and equipment maintenance schedules.
Prioritizing work flow and controlling all production related activities.
Track cost of goods, including labor time and materials expenditures, as well as track materials and process yield and report metrics to senior management on a regular and routine basis.
Maintain and establish contracts with current vendors of capital equipment and raw materials, as well as qualify new vendors.
Establish a project plan for the implementation of an MRP II system and manage said plan, with the goal of extending the MRP system to a full ERP system in a subsequent development phase.
Coordinate with the technology center to solve production engineering issues as well as improve associated processes, QA/QC and testing technology.
Oversee the coordination of all assembly, inspection and subassemblies and end items.
Implement policies and procedures to ensure that all workmanship is consistently performed to the highest standards and quality with a focus on continuous improvement and a goal of becoming “Best in Class”.
Define strategy/routing sequence for all assembly and test processes.
Communicate effectively with all internal and external customers.
- 15+ years of experience in mfg., most preferably in materials mfg.; 5+ years hands-on experience in a mfg. executive role.
- Experience and knowledge of thin film materials is preferred (e.g. semicon fab).
- 4 year BS degree in Business or Engineering, MBA or MS is preferred.
- Strong manufacturing experience in a thin film in a vacuum deposition and coating technology environment
- Continuous process experience is strongly preferred
- Proven and demonstrable track record of accomplishments contributing to business success and the development of an MRP system.
- Strong knowledge of ISO quality standards and OSHA regulations.
- Results oriented; Proven ability to lead and motivate; strong commitment to continuously upgrade the capabilities of the organization.
- Strong business acumen and supervisory skills.
- Experience in a rapid growth, high tech and/or start up environment is a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and presentation skills